Summit 24" Wide 1.4 cu.ft. Over-the-Range Microwave - MHOTR24SS
Summit 24" Wide 1.4 cu.ft. Over-the-Range Microwave - MHOTR24SS
SUMMIT Over-the-Range Microwave 24" width provides complete microwave and ventilation convenience with Multiple Features for slimmer kitchens.
Summit's Over-the-Range Microwave selection of microwave ovens offer complete cooking power in slim, stylish designs, ideal for smaller kitchens. The MHOTR243SS is a 24" wide over-the-range microwave designed for simple one-touch cooking and effective ventilation. Its jet black door is accented by real stainless steel trim, while a small window affords the opportunity to keep watch of your cooking. A side pocket handle offers a more streamlined look to complement any kitchen style. Inside, the MHOTR243SS offers a full 1.4 cu.ft. capacity with an oversized 12.75" glass turntable. Ten power levels and multi-stage cooking options allow you to set the proper conditions for virtually every meal.
The Over-the-Range Microwave auto cook feature makes for convenient cooking and reheating for almost any food or beverage with pre-programmed settings for pizza, popcorn, beverages, cheeses, ice cream, butter, meats, veggies, and reheating. Submenus for meats, reheat, and veggies allow users to select by item, such as pork, chicken, casserole, dinner plate, or fresh and frozen veggies. An auto cooking decal is affixed to the lower cabinet interior for easy reference.
The kids meal setting lets you heat common meals such as chicken nuggets, hot dogs, fries, and frozen sandwiches. Defrost settings offer the choice of heating by time or weight, while the Add 30 seconds feature provides additional cook time for user convenience. The MHOTR243SS also includes a time cook function, timer, and interior light for easy viewing of the interior. The MHOTR243SS is equipped with a versatile ventiliation system that can be set up with a vertical duct, horizontal duct, or for recirculating (ductless) operation with two grease filters and a charcoal filter included.
A two-speed exhaust fan, which begins automatically, assures a smoke and odor-free environment. Two LED lights offer efficient illumination for your cooking surface, while the child lock feature helps prevent unsupervised use by children for added safety. Eco Mode disables the display, outside lamp, and exhaust fan for power saving convenience; it is automatically turned on after one minute of inactivity or can be manually turned on or off by the user. We include a mounting plate, exhaust adapter for top or rear-venting, and the hardware required for installation, along with an installation booklet and a top cabinet and rear wall template.
NOTE: This unit features a top vented system that must be clear for adequate ventilation. The depth from the rear to the vented area is 17". With its range of cooking options and convenient size, the MHOTR243SS is the perfect finish for any small kitchen space. This unit is also available in white (see MHOTR241W) or black (see MHOTR242B). Visit www.summitappliance.com to learn more. NOTE: If using this for recirculating operation, be sure to consult the installation instructions and rotate the motor before installing in your cabinet.
- 24" width: Smartly sized for full service use in smaller kitchens
- Range hood function: Under-cabinet ventilation with a high/low setting
- Versatile ventilation options: This unit can be set up with a vertical duct, horizontal duct, or for recirculating operation
- Large capacity: 1.4. cu.ft. interior provides ample room for heating & cooking small or large dishes
- Black glass door: Sleek, modern look with black glass
- Stainless steel trim: Top and bottom feature a brushed stainless steel accent for added luxury in the kitchen
- Window included: Small window lets you keep watch of your cooking
- Under cabinet LED lighting: Range hood includes two bulbs for convenient illumination of the cooking zone
- Auto cook: Cooking setting that lets you choose from pizza, potatoes, popcorn, beverages, cheese, ice cream, butter, meats, veggies, and reheat
- Kids meal heating option: Designed for easy reheating of common children's meals, with settings specifically for nuggets, hot dogs, fries, and frozen sandwiches
- Timed cooking: Touch controls for easy heating of foods and beverages (up to 99 minutes)
- Multi-stage cooking: Allows users to program two cooking settings with different power levels for best results with certain recipes
- Glass turntable: Includes a removable 12.75" glass turntable
- Multiple power levels: Choose from 10 power levels to ensure optimum level of heating of food and beverage
- Add 30 seconds option: Push the start button to add 30 seconds to cooking time
- Defrost settings: Users can set the defrost setting by time (up to 99 minutes) or weight (up to 96 oz.)
- Charcoal filter: Provides filtering to help eliminate cooking smoke & odors
- Installation equipment: A mounting plate, exhaust adapter for top or rear-venting, hardware for installation, installation guide, and top/rear cabinet wall templates are included for user convenience
- Eco Mode: Power saving mode that disables display, outside lamp, and fan (Note: this mode turns on automatically after 1 minute of inactivity)
- Interior light: Microwave light automatically illuminates when the door is opened
- Kitchen timer: Microwave includes timer setting (up to 99 minutes) with an audible warning
- Child lock: Optional setting can be activated to prevent unsupervised operation
- Grease filters: Two included to remove grease particles helping to keep the exhaust fan and ducting clean
- Auto cook decal: Affixed to lower cabinet interior and provides an overview of the auto cook settings for easy user reference
|Height of Cabinet||17.5" (44 cm)|
|Width||24.0" (61 cm)|
|Width with Door Open||24.75" (63 cm)|
|Depth||17.0" (43 cm)|
|Depth with door at 90°||38.75" (98 cm)|
|US Electrical Safety||UL|
|Canadian Electrical Safety||ULC|
|Voltage/Frequency||115 V AC/60 Hz|
|Weight||52.0 lbs. (24 kg)|
|Shipping Weight||65.0 lbs. (29 kg)|
|Parts & Labor Warranty||90 Days|
|Turntable Diameter||12.75" (32 cm)|
|Specialized Cooking Buttons||Yes|
|Interior Height||10.0" (25 cm)|
|Interior Width||14.5" (37 cm)|
|Interior Depth||14.38" (37 cm)|
Note: Nickel is a component of stainless steel.
Got A Question?
Got A Question?
Click Here to ask us a question.
We're excited to let you know that Shop Pay gives you more ways to buy now and pay later. There are no late or hidden fees, and you'll never pay more than you agreed up front. You can check your balance in the Shop App any time.
Choose Shop Pay at checkout to support carbon removal projects at no extra cost.
*Rates from 0% APR or 10-36% APR. Payment options through Shop Pay Installments are subject to an eligibility check and are provided by these lending partners: [affirm.com/lenders](http://affirm.com/lenders). Options depend on your purchase amount, and a down payment may be required. State notices to consumers [affirm.com/licenses](http://www.affirm.com/licenses).
Free Shipping -
Free curb-side shipping for eligible products available for deliveries within the continental United States. Shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are not eligible for free shipping.
If you have any questions about your shipping time, please contact us at
General Shipping Policy -
A confirmation e-mail will be sent as soon as you place your order. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for shipping. If your item is on back-order or unavailable, then we will void the pre-authorization, and contact you via e-mail. If your item is available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
Order Shipment –
If your order is in stock, we will process the charges to your credit card, and it will ship within 3 to 5 business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order shipping from the supplier to the e-mail address you provided at checkout. If you do not receive tracking information from us within 3 business days your order, feel free to contact us .
Free Shipping - Free curb-side shipping for eligible products available for deliveries within the continental United States. Curb-side delivery indicates outside delivery only. To arrange inside delivery, please contact customer service 360-773-2422. There is an additional fee for Threshold & White Glove Delivery. Shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are not eligible for free shipping. Shipping fees outside of the lower 48 United States are determined based on destination, product weight and dimensions and other factors not listed here. No adjustments can be made on prior purchases. Terms and conditions may change without notice. Refer to product page for the latest product shipping information.
Wine Refrigerators, Furniture and Other Heavy Items
Items with a noted separate shipping charge, such as heavy items, wine cellars, nitrogen systems, and over-sized items cannot be shipped using express delivery methods.
Notes Concerning Heavy Items:
- Customers ordering heavy items (such as large wine refrigerators, furniture, or wine racks) will be contacted to setup delivery when the unit has reached your local distribution center
- Shipments of heavy items across the country take approx. 5-10 days, outside 14-18 days.
- Please feel free to contact our shipping companies if you have not heard from your shipper in the allotted time frame. When contacting the shipping company, please reference your shipment tracking code.
For heavy items, you may need to arrange for professional movers to relocate your purchase from curb-side to the inside your home/business. UPS, FED-EX, USPS, LTL freight companies will not bring your shipment inside. Contact us if you need assistance. Threshold and White Glove Delivery can be arranged through our customer service at email@example.com. Check with us to see if special delivery services are available for your purchase.
Track Your Order -
Within 24 hours of your order shipping, you will receive an email with the tracking number on it. If you do not receive an email please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are here to assist you in any way we can. If you experience any of the following, please contact us right away at 360-773-2422.
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive. If you notice any damage to the box, DO NOT accept delivery. Contact us immediately at 360-773-2422.
Cancellations & Refunds -
All orders cancelled after 48 hours are subject to a $50 administration fee, whether or not your order has shipped. If your order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Please refer to our return policy for more information.
Buyer's Remorse & Other Requests for Returns (Not Including Damaged Product Returns)
We understand that sometimes merchandise may need to be returned. Some manufacturers may accept returns for items within 30 days of receiving your merchandise. Please refer to the specific manufacturer's return policy below.
Items must be returned in new condition which includes being unused and in original packaging. There is a 15% - 25% restocking fee per item returned. Shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer.
Qualified returns must be - Unused, uninstalled, and resalable merchandise in new condition and in the original packaging may be returned for a refund within 30 days of the delivery date unless otherwise noted on the product page or below*.
- You must notify us of your intent to return within 30 days of delivery date.
- There is a 15% to 25% restocking fee pursuant to the manufacturers policy.
- Return policy applies to cancellations made after an item has been physically shipped or refusal at the time of delivery.
- There is a 5% administrative fee that will be deducted from the refund. Fee applies only to the purchase prices (excludeds taxes and warranty.)
- We will refund the product price minus any applicable fees and charges.
- Original shipping charges are non-refundable. Free Shipping does not include return shipping. Standard shipping fees apply.
- You are responsible for any return shipping charges.
- Refunds will be applied to the same payment method used when the original purchase was made.
The Following Cannot Be Returned
- Products which are eligible for parts under manufacturer warranty
- Products that have had their original manufacturer packaging opened
- Products that have been out of their original manufacturers' packaging
- Products that have been installed
It is the customer's responsibility to return the merchandise in new resalable condition. Refunds are only issued after returned items have been received and inspected.
If a returned item gets damaged during the transportation, it is the customer's responsibility to file the claim with the carrier. No refund can be issued in this case.
All return request must be submitted to
Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you used when placing your order.
**We strive to keep all information current, however policies may change without notice.**
What Should You Look For?
Nothing is more important than knowing the exact measurement of the space in which you will be placing your new appliance. Once you have these measurement, you will need to consider the following things:
- Build-in units - Designed to slide snugly in between kitchen cabinets. These types of units need to have the exhaust vent in the front of the appliance where the air can escape easily.
- Freestanding units - Designed to stand alone under the countertop. Compressor coils are on the back of the unit. Rear coils must maintain adequate air flow, so you'll need to keep several inches of free space behind and around the sides. Refer to the Owner’s Manual for specific requirements of the appliance you are interested in. You may also want to know if the unit has adjustable feet. This may come in handy if you want to raise the unit.
- ADA Compliant units - Designed to meet ADA height and government guidelines in public accommodations, commercial establishments, and assisted living facilities. These models are available for built-in and freestanding installation. The units are typically 4” to 6” shorter than a standard 36” kitchen countertop.
- Door Clearance - The measurement that is required for the right or the left door with or without handles to be from adjacent cabinet walls so they can be opened 90°. Refer to the Owner’s Manual Installation Guide.
Where Are You Going To Put It?
To choose the right appliance, you must find one that meets the needs of that space. Outdoor kitchen. Basement wine cellar. Indoor kitchen. Residential or commercial establishment. Institutional establishment. Be sure to look for your specific location requirements when you’re reading through the features of an appliance.
What Features Are Important To You?
Here’s a list of features that may be important to you:
General Features -
- Installation - (built-in, free standing, outdoor, commercial)
- Appearance (stainless steel, panel-ready, black, white, etc.)
- Type of shelves - (metal, wood, flat, grated)
- Number of shelves
- Removable shelves
- Reversible door
- Type of door - (glass-front, solid-front, panel-ready-front, drawer-style)
- Digital display
- Security lock & key
- LED lighting
- Energy efficient
- Noise level (dB)
- Location of exhaust venting
Then look at the appliance specific features:
Wine Cooler -
- The number of temperature zones (single zone, dual zone, etc.)
- Temperature range - not all wines store at the same temperature
- Appliance’s ability to store wine long term
- Bottle capacity
- Bottle size requirements
- UV filtered glass door
- Compressor cooling
- Number and style of kegs
- Number of faucets
- Essential components
- Conversion kits
- Cleaning kits and requirements
Refrigerators & Refrigerator-Freezer Combination -
- Use - (food & beverage, beverage only, produce only)
- Temperature range - Beverage refrigerators are typically colder than a standard fridge
- Ice cube maker - (with or without drain)
- Interior lighting
What Storage Capacity Do You Need?
What do you like to drink? Are you going to store food?
There are several different fridge sizes on the market, each one with its own storage capacity. What do you like to drink? Soda from a can? Craft beer from a bottle? What does your family like to drink? Do you collect or store wine? How large is your collection? Do you want to add to it over time? In short, consider your current collection and anticipate your needs for the future—from there, you will figure out the right fit.